“I CHOOSE YOU…EVERY DAY; NOT JUST THE GOOD ONES”
Marriage between two individuals is equated with the parallel rail tracks which stay apart but ensure smooth running of trains. Last few days I have been forced to think about this sacred institution (not so sacred anymore) and how it is viewed.
Its is more romantic to think that Marriage will happen between two people who have similar likings and once married would love to share everything with no secrets between them and they will be like two halves of a circle perfectly aligned. Of course, it’s not so always and in most successful marriages, it may be entirely opposite too.
So when I followed my train of thoughts and observed our own lives and others in our surroundings, mostly found the halves being on the opposite poles:
- When one lives happily in the present moment and can’t think of beyond today ; other is long term oriented with perfect plan for retirement and beyond
- One spouse is totally emotional and sensitive being, in contrast to the wholly practical approached counterpart with strong convictions doesn’t get shaken by any storm.
- A partner will be principled on hard work and strict discipline as the ways to success while the other half believe on smartness and luck factors
- One is an early riser and goes to bed early while the other loves to sit late and considers that early prey gets caught by its predator
- Routine things bores the female to the extent that she keeps two toothbrushes to alternate between; whereas the male never tires in keep doing the same pattern of activities……. for eons.
- In reading books and whiling away she gets her relaxation while rigorous fitness regime gives him the everlasting high.
- Going to new places and exploring new things provide the absolute pleasure for the woman; The man loves being at home after his work as change in schedule makes him restless
- While the masculine gender can recollect every name and number from childhood but forgets the wedding day, the feminine form can’t even remember own phone number but vividly recollects all moments of their life together
- Her commercial sense of the world is abysmal ; his idea on the home front is dreadful
- Satvic food is preferred by one and spicy food by the other
The list can go on similar to every married couple’s arguments sometime 😉
But what matters is the understanding they have of each other and the willingness to accept and appreciate other person’s choices and preferences.
Not identical tastes, rather love, respect and trust are equally important to stay together and save the marriage.
I chose to accept, appreciate, trust, respect and love ……….what about you?